As entrepreneurs and business owners, we want our efforts to have a lasting impact. We want our businesses to withstand the test of time and be successful.
We want sustainability.
So what’s the secret to lasting success? How and why do some businesses survive the ups and downs, weather the storms of uncertainty, and make it in the long-run?
It all begins with you. You are the captain of your ship, the CEO of your organization, the visionary, and the front-line manager.
You can lead your business to success – lasting success – by following a few simple guidelines:
- Know your values. Your core values are the foundation for a solid, stable business that will grow and expand in ways that are truly sustainable for you. Know what matters most to you – not to anyone else – so that you can prioritize your time, money, and energy accordingly. Once you do, you’ll be on your way to lasting success.
- Align your business goals. Your core values are your compass. Navigating your way through the ups and downs of business growth becomes much easier when you can align your goals and actions with your values. When your business goals are in alignment with your values, you’ll notice that you feel energized and that you’re building momentum. That’s essential for business growth and sustainability.
- Build a high performing team. Do not compromise when it comes to working with others in your business. All team members – whether independent contractors, employees, or consultants – must be in alignment with your core values, work ethic, and business philosophy. You are the CEO – build a high performing team that enhances your business, complements you, supports you, and makes your business shine.
- Work with only the best clients. There is no need to work with clients who are less than ideal for your business growth. Make room in your schedule (and your energy) for the highest quality clients by saying no to those less-than-ideal choices. If you fill your schedule, your time, and your energy with clients who don’t energize you, who drain you, or who cause you to compromise what you most want out of your business, you are saying no to a sustainable, successful business.
- Ask for – and get – what you need. You can’t build and sustain a successful, flourishing, fulfilling business all on your own. No one ever does. You won’t either. And that’s a good thing – not a failing. Learn to ask for what you need in order to succeed. Then be sure to practice receiving what you’ve asked for. Give yourself the resources, the guidance, the support you deserve and require to build the business you dream of. If you want to grow your business and achieve lasting success, be sure you have the support and guidance you need – just as you support and guide your own business team.
You are your business.
You serve as the foundation for your business success.
Make sure that you have these essentials in place so that you can grow your business with ease and sustain the success you achieve. That’s the secret to lasting business success.